- Identifying and assessing the environmental and energy aspects related to our activities considering the results of life-cycle assessment and implementing the required programs to minimize the environmental impact and enhance the energy efficiency of our operations;
- Implementing and continuously improving a documented environmental and energy efficiency management system, in compliance with the requirements of the ISO 14001 and ISO 50001;
- Meeting or exceeding all applicable regulatory and industry requirements and regularly assessing our compliance level;
- Enhancing the competence and the environmental awareness of our people through training and career development and motivating them to perform their duties in an environmentally friendly and compliant manner;
- Measuring our environmental and energy performance and setting objectives and targets towards continual improvement;
- Participating in industry organizations and collaborating with industry stakeholders with the aim of improving the environmental and energy standards in the shipping industry;
- Purchasing environmentally friendly and energy–efficient products and services and supporting the incorporation of designs with enhanced energy performance;
- Making our policy available to all employees, seafarers and other interested parties, regularly reviewing it to ensure robustness and effectiveness and encouraging our stakeholders to reduce their environmental impact;
- Providing all resources required to achieve the above commitments.
Consequences for failure to comply with the Environmental Protection & Energy Efficiency Policy, include termination of employment, as well as liability for criminal, civil, and administrative penalties resulting from such non-compliance.