It is the policy of MINERVA MARINE INC. to provide a secure working environment, by establishing and maintaining the required security measures to prevent unlawful acts against Company managed ships, which endanger the safety and security of persons and property.
The Company’s objectives are to:
• Provide security procedures and practices for ship operations to protect the security of ports and the wider community;
• Establish safeguards to reduce the risk to crew and port personnel on board Company managed ships;
• Improve the security skills and awareness of Company personnel ashore and onboard ship;
• Prepare contingency measures for emergencies relating to possible security incidents.
These objectives will be achieved by:
• The implementation of a Ship Security Plan which is specific to each individual ship, based on a Ship Security Assessment;
• Comprehensive training for Company personnel;
• Actively promoting security awareness amongst Company personnel;
• Regular documented reviews and internal audits of security procedures and plans, in order to allow for constant update and improvement to the plan, if necessary.
All employees are expected to comply with the required procedures described in the Ship Security
Plan, should be familiar with the relevant security duties as appropriate and with the measures required to protect the ship from any unlawful act.
The Company shall ensure that the Company Security Officer, the Master / Ship Security Officer are given the necessary support to fulfill their duties and responsibilities in accordance with XI-2 of the 1974 SOLAS Convention.